Why Analog Rails
Analog Rails is a complete analog expert system that is intended to reduce the time to market on your mixed signal chips by a huge factor. There is a methodology and flow built into it. The usage is a paradigm shift and is several generations beyond what is out in the market.
REDUCE CYCLE TIMES
- Because of layout automation, real parasitics are used during the design phase.
- Last minute changes? No problem. Blow away the autoroutes, edit, then autoroute again.
- Place your DUT into your already established test benches (we can supply them), change the spec, and run the optimizer. Saves weeks of trading off between specs and operating regions (set minimum vds-vdsat).
- Correct by construction. No more DRC or LVS errors.
- Mr. Checkit, Mr. Fixit, Mr. Nudgit will synchronize your layout to your schematic and fix it instantaneously.
- Displays changes on hierarchies below by colorizing the hierarchical editor
- No need to be conservative on layouts. Legacy blocks are designed with 20% area thrown away to leave room for design changes. No longer needed.
- The circuit designer can utilize black space during the design and make sizes bigger for matching or increasing headroom. The designer can also tradeoff sizes (rout vs gm) for layout efficiency.
- Sensitivity analysis based on the REAL layout parasitics can allow the circuit designer to be less conservative on sizes.
- Top down layouts freeze the size of lower blocks, Now you can quickly change the lower cells and readjust the top level blocks.
- Can flatten layout hierarchies, because we keep the intelligence (cross-probing, hierarchical net names, etc). You can squeeze devices together.
- Your layout designer has no chance against our automatic router. Our router is electrically aware. We know which nets are high impedence, low impedence, static, dynamic, etc. The router gets information from the simulation run automatically. Our router will keep capacitances low when needed, shield differential or sensitive nets, etc.
- The circuit designer controls the location of the devices at the rate of 30 seconds per device, or can save time by running "mimic layout", which places devices down in a similar manner to the user selected design.
- Automatic built-in inter-digitized or side by side differential structures with perfectly symmetrical routing.
- Sensitivity analysis provides bullet proof designs.
- Reduced cycle time results in more verification time. No more last minute scrambling and taking shortcuts.
- Optimize devices to meet specification based on sensitivity to Vds, Vgs, LOD, WPE, etc.
- Our manual editor is much more powerful than our competitors'. Dummies made easy, automatic via insertion, auto abut, repel, etc.
- Backannotates ad, as, pd, ps, sb, sc, sd, sca, scb, scc, parasitic capacitance.
- Backannotates gate protection and hot well diodes.
- Voltages/currents backannotation tracks the waveform.
- Colorization of fets based on operating points and other alarms.
- EM. Set EM% on the pulldown. All segments and vias that exceed that value are shown in the layout.
- IR drop. Click onto 2 points on a route. See the resistance and voltage drop through the segments and vias.
- Cross-probing between schematic, layout, and hierarchical editor at all times.
- Sensitivity and mismatch analysis built in.
- 3D view. Great feature when using with IR drop.
- Open Access is our database. Plug and play with Virtuoso.
REDUCE CAD EFFORT
- NEW: Graphical Pcells, or just use our design rule driven built-in Pcells.
- Tools all work together. Analog Rails is a complete designers package. No customization required.
- The "It's So Easy, An Analog Circuit Designer Can Do It" PDK GUI puts the design group in complete control.
- Built in Design and Data management will work with any backend version control system, but the user gets to see changes elegantly within the tool. Because we work within our source code, our system is better. We didn't throw DM over the wall to 3rd party vendors. We took responsibility (think of Windows relying on 3rd party vendors to handle anti-virus, as opposed to the built in security of Unix/Linux)
COMPARISON TO INDUSTRY STANDARD ANALOG DESIGN PLATFORM:
|Your Platform||Analog Rails|
|Your platform is built on a full customization platform||Analog Rails is based on built in methodologies.|
|Your platform is a bicycle. They are trying to kludge in a motor||Analog Rails is a motorcycle with pedaling capability.|
|Your platform is made up of independent components||Analog Rails integrates.. whole is worth more than the sum of parts|
|Your platform tools are unsynchronized||Analog Rails is 100% synchronized|
|Your platform layouts must run DRC and LVS||Analog Rails is DRC, LVS correct by construction AT ALL TIMES|
|Your platform layout designers can create unidentified routes||Analog Rails does not allow unidentified routes.|
|Your platform has a decoupled simulation environment||Analog Rails has simulation components in the schematic|
|Your platform users analyze EM and parasitic effects post layout||Analog Rails passes simulation information to the router in advance|
|Your platform is post simulation centric. Has a calculator.||Analog Rails is optimization centric, but also has a calculator.|